Skydive the Ranch
(a.k.a. Blue Sky Ranch)
Skydiving in New York
55 Sandhill Road
Gardiner, New York 12525
P.O. Box 121
Gardiner, New York 12525
Phone: (845) 255-4033
Licensed Skydivers / Manifest Phone: (845) 255-9538
Why Choose Skydive the Ranch?:
– Jump from 13,500 feet
– Our aircraft will carry large groups
– No hidden fees
– Team of licensed tandem instructors
– Team of videographers to film your skydive
– Restaurant on premises
– USPA dropzone for over 30 years
– Close to NYC, New Jersey, Connecticut
– On bus route from New York City
– Stunning views of Shawangunk Mountains
• MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, NO EXCEPTIONS
• The weight limit is 225lbs (there may be exceptions depending on your physical conditions, call us with details.)
• The first jump is a Tandem Skydive on a parachute built for two people. The jump is made from 13,500 feet weather permitting. You freefall down to 6000 feet. You activate the ripcord and then help your instructor fly the parachute back to the ground.
• For payment, we do not take personal checks but we do accept CASH, M/C, VISA, AMEX, DISCOVER, TRAVELERS CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS.
• We strongly recommend that you have a reservation before coming out to ensure adequate staffing. People with reservations get priority over people that do not.
* NO SHOWS OR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CANCEL MAY LOSE THEIR DEPOSITS OR BE CHARGED A NO SHOW FEE. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR DEPOSIT OR BE CHARGED A FEE IF THE WEATHER WAS INCLEMENT.
• We are located in GARDINER, NEW YORK, Approximately 70 miles North of N.Y.C. between exits 17 and 18 off the NY State Thruway (see brochure or check website for more detailed directions). We are about an hour and twenty minutes North of the George Washington bridge or 6 miles South of New Paltz, N.Y.
• Wear something that you don’t mind getting a little dirty and possibly a grass stain. Dress appropriately for the weather. Running shoes are recommended (no sandles, highheels or workboots).
• DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE DROPZONE, NO EXCEPTIONS, please leave them at home
• If you are concerned about the weather, please call us at (845) 255-4033. If you get the voicemail, leave a message and we will call back as soon as possible.
• If you want to continue your skydiving instruction we offer a 13 Level IAF program.
• When comparing us to other Dropzones ask them:
– what altitude do they go to (we fly to 13,500 weather permitting, lowest 8,000)
– what type of aircraft (Turbine, single and multi engine capable of carrying up to 22 skydivers at a time)
– do they try to get the student involved in pulling the ripcord and flying the parachute.
Group rates are available on Week Days(non-holiday) and Early Bird Specials on weekends and holidays.
For more information on policies, please visit Skydive the Ranch
The IAF training program is used by skydiving centers that are members of the United States Parachute Association (USPA). All of our jumpmasters and instructors have USPA ratings.
Training for your first jump begins with a Tandem Skydive. We use a minimum of three (3) Tandem Skydives. IAF Tandem Level 2 and 3 are PASS/FAIL. After completing the First Tandem Jump the Student takes a Comprehensive Jump Course (approximately 6 hours), then continues on with Levels 2 thru 13.
Learning objectives of IAF include:
– exit an aircraft correctly
– freefall with stability and control
– 360-degree turns
– barrel rolls
– packing your parachute and more…
Before each skydive your jumpmaster will spend around half an hour reviewing previous material and teaching you a new set of targeted learning objectives (TLO’s). You progress to the next level when you have met all of the TLO’s for your current level. Each level consists of one or more skydives, depending on your rate of progression.
Let us know in advance when you will be coming out, so that we can arrange adequate staffing.
It is recommended that you make your jumps as close together as you can; you will have to repeat the previous level and take currency training if you wait more than 30 days between skydives. We encourage you to remain current!
You can’t skydive if you’re not here! We may have blue skies in Gardiner even if the weather is poor where you are.
Skydiving at the Blue Sky Ranch in New York
Ali’s Tandem – Skydive the Ranch – Gardiner, New York
Good Morning America at Blue Sky Ranch Event